Back to Recipes
Western Steak Omelet
The early bird catches the ‘steak. Add hot sauce and cheese to this rugged day kickstarter.
- 1 Serving of Original Philly Beef Sandwich Slices
- 1 Tbsp Butter or Olive Oil
- 2-3 Eggs
- Cheese (optional, but Cheddar and/or Monterey Jack are perfect)
- Green/Red Bell Peppers
- Fried Onions
- Mushrooms (optional)
- 1 Heat frying pan.
- 2 Add Olive Oil and sauté steak slices until brown on one side, about 1 minute.
- 3 Beat Eggs in a bowl with a fork or whisk until mixed well.
- 4 Flip Steak onto other side. (If using a natural, unseasoned product, sprinkle with salt, pepper or your own blend of spices.) Begin separating beef slices (do not over chop) and thoroughly cook to a minimum temperature of 165˚F and all pink color is gone.
- 5 Add the Eggs to the cooking Steak in the pan.
- 6 Using your spatula, move it around the edge of the egg mixture to help shape into a round and loosen the edge. Let the omelet sit in the pan for 10 seconds.
- 7 Top with peppers and onions, plus cheese if you're game. Once eggs are completely cooked and not runny, and any cheese begins to melt, use your spatula to fold the omelet in half.
- 8 Slide omelet onto your plate (and/or toast), drizzle some hot sauce to kick it up a few degrees if you're so inclined, then devour!