Back to Recipes
Chicken Cheesesteak Quesadillas
The perfect customizable snack or meal.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Lb Original Philly Seasoned Chicken Sandwich Slices (MCH)
- 1 Large Onion, cut in half and then into slices
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 Green Bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 12 Large Flour Tortillas
- 12 tablespoons butter, for frying
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheese (Monterey Jack is best)
- Serve with: Guacamole, Pico de Gallo, and/or Sour Cream
- 1 Heat 1 Tbsp Olive Oil in skillet on high heat.
- 2 Add Chicken to pan and brown while using a spatula to break apart meat. When chicken is cooked through remove and put to the side.
- 3 Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet over high heat. Throw in the Onions and Peppers and cook until the peppers are softer, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- 4 Sizzle 1/2 tablespoon of the butter in a separate skillet or griddle over medium heat and lay a flour tortilla in the skillet. Then build the quesadillas by laying grated cheese on the bottom tortilla, and then arranging the chicken and cooked peppers. Top with a little more grated cheese and top with a second tortilla.
- 5 When the tortilla is golden on the first side, carefully flip the quesadilla to the other side, adding another 1/2 tablespoon butter to the skillet at the same time. Continue cooking until the second side is golden. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and fillings.
- 6 Slice tortillas, and serve with guacamole, pico de gallo, or sour cream.