Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
Prep Time: 10 min. | Cook Time: 20 min. | Serves 4-6
- 8 oz Original Philly® WOW Flat Steak
- Canola or other neutral oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 oz shredded American cheese
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion, for garnish
- In a large dutch oven or frying pan, heat oil to 350. Add enough oil so that the egg rolls float in the oil rather than stick to the bottom.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add the steak and saute, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add the onion, garlic, pepper, american cheese and saute until the vegetables begin to soften and the cheese has melted, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the filling to a large bowl and let cool completely.
- Prepare the rolls: divide mixture into 8 equal parts and place in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold in the side corners and roll tightly, sealing the edges with a touch of water.
- Fry four at once, to avoid over crowding, until golden brown, about 5 minutes
- Place on a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil before serving.
- Serve warm with green onion and a sweet chili dipping sauce.
Cheesesteak know-how from the folks at Original Philly™ brand
Cheesesteaks 101: The Basics
The core elements of the Philly Cheesesteak! Plus, we’ve got plenty of add-on ideas to give your ‘steak a tasty twist.