Often overlooked in favor of its bovine brethren, the chicken variation of a classic will earn your respect.
- 1 Serving of Original Philly Chicken Sandwich Slices
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Slices Cheese
- 1 Long Roll
- Fried Onions
- Ketchup (optional)
- Hot Cherry Peppers (optional)
- Heat griddle to 350-400˚F.
- Add Olive Oil and sauté chicken slices until brown on one side, about 1 minute.
- Flip onto other side. (If using a natural, unseasoned product, sprinkle with salt, pepper or your own blend of spices.) Begin separating chicken slices (do not over chop) and thoroughly cook to a minimum temperature of 165˚F and all pink color is gone.
- Mix in sautéed onions and peppers.
- Throw on the cheese slices.
- When cheese is melted, slide the spatula under the meat and flip into a hinged long roll.
- Squirt with ketchup and drop on some hot cherry peppers.
- Dig in and enjoy!