Back to Recipes
Classic Steak Sandwich
The “Cheesesteak” was around (and loved!) for about a decade before cheese entered the equation. Try this and you’ll see why.
- 1 Serving of Original Philly Beef Sandwich Slices
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Long Roll
- Fried Onions (optional)
- Ketchup (optional)
- 1 Heat griddle to 350-400˚F.
- 2 Add Olive Oil and sauté steak slices until brown on one side, about 1 minute.
- 3 Flip onto other side. (If using a natural, unseasoned product, sprinkle with salt, pepper or your own blend of spices.) Begin separating beef slices (do not over chop) and thoroughly cook to a minimum temperature of 165˚F and all pink color is gone.
- 4 Mix in some sautéed onions.
- 5 When beef is thoroughly browned, slide the spatula under the meat and flip into a hinged long roll.
- 6 Squeeze on some ketchup if you like a little tang, then savor the beefy simplicity.