Classic Steak Sandwich
The “Cheesesteak” was around (and loved!) for about a decade before cheese entered the equation. Try this and you’ll see why.
- 1 Serving of Original Philly Beef Sandwich Slices
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Long Roll
- Fried Onions (optional)
- Ketchup (optional)
- Heat griddle to 350-400˚F.
- Add Olive Oil and sauté steak slices until brown on one side, about 1 minute.
- Flip onto other side. (If using a natural, unseasoned product, sprinkle with salt, pepper or your own blend of spices.) Begin separating beef slices (do not over chop) and thoroughly cook to a minimum temperature of 165˚F and all pink color is gone.
- Mix in some sautéed onions.
- When beef is thoroughly browned, slide the spatula under the meat and flip into a hinged long roll.
- Squeeze on some ketchup if you like a little tang, then savor the beefy simplicity.