Gyro Hero (a.k.a The Greek)
It’s not all Greek to you with this zesty variation.
- 1 Serving of Original Philly Beef Sandwich Slices
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 or 2 Long Rolls
- 1 Oz. Spinach Leaves
- Sliced Tomatoes and Cucumbers (optional)
- Pinch of Salt, Pepper, and Oregano
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Red Onion
- 4 Slices Gouda Cheese
- Heat griddle to 350-400˚F.
- Add Olive Oil and sauté steak slices until brown on one side, about 1 minute.
- Flip onto other side. (If using a natural, unseasoned product, sprinkle with salt, pepper or your own blend of spices.) Begin separating beef slices (do not over chop) and thoroughly cook to a minimum temperature of 165˚F and all pink color is gone.
- Mix in Onions close to when the beef slices are cooked through.
- Place Gouda Slices on Roll(s).
- When cheese is melted, slide the spatula under the Beef and Onion mixture and place onto your Roll(s).
- Top with Sliced Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Spinach.
- Add Crumbled Feta and Seasonings.
- Eat immediately, then throw and smash your plate after!