Are French Fries are the perfect side/snack? Well, if we’re talking Steak Fries, the answer’s a simple “Yes!” The real question is: do you share or devour them yourself?
- 1 Serving of Original Philly Beef Sandwich Slices
- 1 lb. French Fries, frozen
- Hot Oil, as needed
- 1 Cup Jalapeño Cheese Sauce, heated and kept warm
- 2 Cups Guacamole (optional)
- 1/4 Cup chopped Green Onions
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Grape Tomatoes, quartered (optional)
- Deep fry 8 oz. fries in hot oil until crisp and golden brown; drain.
- Pile cooked fries on serving plate.
- On griddle, heat oil then add beef and cook until bottom is browned.
- Flip beef, then break up beef with spatula, stirring to cook completely, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange beef on top of fries.
- Ladle 1/2 cup warm cheese sauce over beef.
- Top with tomatoes and serve with guacamole over top or on the side.
- Garnish with 1 Tbsp. green onion and 1 Tbsp. cilantro.
Cheesesteak know-how from the folks at Original Philly™ brand
Cheesesteaks 101: The Basics
The core elements of the Philly Cheesesteak! Plus, we’ve got plenty of add-on ideas to give your ‘steak a tasty twist.