This South Philly icon—born in the ’60s with the introduction of gooey, majestic Cheez Whiz—may be the most famous cheesesteak of all.
- 1 Serving of Original Philly Beef Sandwich Slices
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Sliced Onion
- 1 Cup Melted Cheez Whiz
- 1 Long Roll
- Heat griddle to 350-400˚F.
- Add Olive Oil and sauté steak slices until brown on one side, about 1 minute.
- Flip onto other side. (If using a natural, unseasoned product, sprinkle with salt, pepper or your own blend of spices.) Begin separating beef slices (do not over chop) and thoroughly cook to a minimum temperature of 165˚F and all pink color is gone.
- Mix in sautéed onions.
- Arrange cooked beef and onions into a row roughly the length of your roll, slide the spatula under the mixture and flip into your hinged bread cradle.
- Pour or spread heated Cheez Whiz generously over the length of your masterpiece—then commence to indulge.